Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Playwriting Assignment

Last night we were told to bring in a strong desire for a character.  A sentence.  Ripped out of our journals. We read them out loud.  Mine was: "to leave a marriage."  Something I've realized lately, it's probably a good thing I'm not in a relationship right now because I keep writing about things such as this.  We kept going around the room, reading our statements.  The one that stood out to me (of course) was: "To lose her virginity."

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Bells went off in my head and I approached the student after class and explained to her how I'm writing about that theme in one of my play's.  We spoke some more and she told me the play she read that inspired her to write that down.  It's called BOOM by Peter Sinn Nachtirieb.  Guess I have some more research ahead of me!

If anyone has read that play or any other one's that resemble this theme, please let me know!

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment